Pages

Friday 6 March 2020

The Anzac Violin

W.A.L.T use descriptive language

In writing we read the book, the Anzac Violin. We had to write a diary entry about the person who the story is about.

We had to chose a scene, I chose the scene where he got shot down. I enjoyed reading the book.
I found writing the entry hard.

This is my entry.


I play my special instrument, my violin, one last tune before I go off to battle.
  With my group by my side, we see rancid, rotten, cold, bleeding corpses. We see some little pieces of silver pass our bodies. Bullets! We start to shoot some back and I see my comrades get shot down, oh how I miss my violin. Next thing I know, I’ve gotten shot down. I slowly crawl back to the trench, bleeding. I see all my dead friends. Rotten.
  I reach the trench, ready to go home, bleeding, I still live for another day.


Do you like it?
Have you read the Anzac Violin?
What was your favourite part?

1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora Tyler!
    Nice writing. I love the descriptive words you put in there! If you can, You could add some more info about the story :)
    My favorite part was when he got sent back . I liked that idea because he was now safe:)
    Great job

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.