Pages

Wednesday 8 January 2020

Summer Learning Journey Day 5 Activity 2

For this activity, I had to retell the story of Yusra Mardini. 

Yusra is a great swimmer. Yusra fled her home country on a boat, however the boat broke down so YusRa and 3 others including her sister swam for 3 and a half hours to get help so that everyone on the boat did not drown. After this she was chosen to become a olympic swimmer as part of the first ever refugee olympic team. She has won many awards and showed great bravery.

I found reading the story difficult because I have no idea of who Yusra was.
I enjoyed this activity because I was eating my dinner at the time.

Image result for yusra mardini
I got this off of Yusra Mardini home

1 comment:

  1. Hey Tyler,

    You've written a great little summary of Yusra Mardini's story. Summarising isn't an easy skill so well done! :)

    Isn't it incredible that Yusra and the other three swimmers swam for such a long time?! I like to think I'm quite a strong swimmer but I definitely wouldn't have been able to last that long, especially towing a boat! Do you like swimming?

    Have a wonderful day. :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.