Pages

Thursday 8 July 2021

Dragon Writing

 This term we learnt about different sentence types. We learnt about 6 sentence types. These are called Alan Peat sentence types. With these we also learnt about dragons and how to describe them. The 6 sentence types are called 2A, two adjectives before a noun, DE:DE, description and detail, Noun W, an example of a sentence with an embedded clause, Some; Others, this one explains itself, Position + Place; Subject + Action, allows you to link the creature with its habitat, Are All Examples Of, allows you to use dashes to explain the creatures diet.


So with this we got to make our own dragons and write about them. Here is mine,




3 comments:

  1. Great work Tyler
    Next time you can put in more wow words.
    Phillip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on your dragon writing Tyler! It's really interesting and amusing to read. I like how you explained every feature of your dragon and I really like its name as well. Next time you can add more information on what you did for the dragon writing, overall you did well!
    - Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Tyler, your work is very creative and intresting. I like how you how you added in a whole lot of wow words, but next time add in more information. Good job
    - Maia

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.