Pages

Tuesday 17 August 2021

Orana Park Trip

 On Monday 16th of August, room 5 and 6 went to Orana Wildlife Park to learn about biodiversity. While we were there we went to zoo school, it wasn't much because we didn't really stay in that area but we did have fun. During the trip we saw lots of animals. First we saw the frog house. In the frog house there was frogs, (Of course), fish and my personal favourite, the axolotl. Next we went to the tigers, there was 2 of them, I have forgotten their names. There were 4 lions, 2 males and 2 females. Next we saw the reptile house, there was barley anything they were all in hibernation. Next we saw the kiwi, his name was Sonic. After the Kiwi we went to the farmyard. Next we saw the Tasmanian devils. There was 4 of them but we only saw 2 because the others were hiding. Next we had lunch and after that we went to see the gorillas. There were 2 of them. We also saw Simian gibbon and Lemurs. Next we saw the cheetahs, after that we saw the water buck, the water buffalo and the rhinos. Next we saw the Giraffes and we got to feed them. Next we saw the otters and the Meerkats. After that we home. Its a shame that some of the animals weren't on display but we still had fun.





























































Have you ever been to Orana park?






1 comment:

  1. Hi Tyler,
    Thanks for sharing about our trip to Orana Park. I'm pleased that you got to see the Axolotls! Yes, it was a shame that some of the animals were in hibernation. It would have been cool to see the Tuatara. I thought it was great that you were so engaged with the discussions about all the animals we saw. We learned a lot about animal classification and adaptations during our visit. What are some of the facts that you can remember?
    My favourite animals would have to be the meerkats and the siamang gibbons. Probably because they were so playful and funny to watch!

    Mrs Lambie

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.